Monday, August 24, 2009

Roasted Corn - Beer Biscuits

We had some extra roasted corn left over and I did not quite know what to do with them. I started to think; what would this roasted corn would taste like if I combined it with beer and biscuit mixture. Here is what was done with the corn. I used fresh corn,butter, salt, pepper, and basil; baked in the oven (you can use the grill if you like) wrapped in aluminum foil, at 300 degrees for about 2 hours (or until you smell the great aroma of roasting corn. Now for the recipe.


4 cups flour
1 stick butter softened at room temperature
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 ears roasted corn cut off the cob(you can use canned corn, drained or about 1 cup frozen corn thawed)
1 onion diced
1 12 ounce beer ( I used Miller Lite, but I am sure any beer will do)

Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda with the butter until you have the consistency of meal ( I used the hook on my mixture to get the right texture)
Add the corn and onion to get it well distributed into the mixture.
Add the beer and continue to mix until the dough is stiff.
Place the dough on a floured board and knead. Roll out the dough and cut with a biscuit cutter.
Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

enjoy.

No comments: