Friday, September 25, 2009

Kentucky Fried Chicken Herbs

Several months ago, I listening to a program on Fox News, and this man(forgot his name) was telling the audience how he can find what a certain type of food is made. He has even written a book on this. Well, anyway he had broken the code on Kentucky Fried Chicken. I just happened to have a paper and pen so I jotted down the ingredients. I was really surprised, but most of the ingredients are what I have been putting in my marinate for years. I never thought to put in Chili Powder or paprika, but I think that paprika is one of the ingredients my mother used to put in, and I have left out. Most of these ingredients are already in your pantry.
When I made this mixture, I used 1 teaspoon for each. Now if you happen to have Italian spices in your cupboard, then you have most of the ingredients. (use about 6 teaspoons if you choose to use Italian Spices) They are as follow: OREGANO, BASIL, CHILI POWDER,GARLIC POWDER,SALT,PEPPER,ACCENT,PAPRIKA ONION POWDER,SAGE, MARJORAM,AND THYME.

Now you Know. Until next time.

No comments: